SIMUTools 2018 is the 11th edition of the annual International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques. The conference focuses on a broad range of research challenges in the field of simulation, modeling and analysis, addressing current and future trends in simulation techniques, models, practices and software. The conference is dedicated to fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research in these areas and across a wide spectrum of application domains.
Building on the success of the previous editions (2008-2017), this year’s edition will provide an exciting forum for interaction among academic and industry researchers together with practitioners from both the simulation community and the different user communities. The conference will be held in Chengdu, China.
The conference invites submissions on the topics below in all application areas of simulation. Submissions in interdisciplinary areas are especially encouraged (e.g. Smart Cities, Health, Environment, Societal Challenges, Digital Humanities, Security, IT Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Business). The conference also invites posters and technical demonstrations that report on recent results, ongoing research or industrial case studies in the area of simulation.
SIMUTools’ general topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Simulation methods: discrete event, parallel and distributed simulation, time synchronization, load balancing and migration, model partitioning, hybrid simulation, simulation-interoperation, multi-resolution and multi-scale simulation
- Simulation techniques: service-oriented, agent-based, web-based, component-based, symbiotic simulation
- Simulation software: environments, tools, libraries, and frameworks
- Simulation performance: GPU-based simulation, simulation in the cloud, scalability, performance analysis
- Modeling formalisms: DEVS, Petri Nets, process algebras, state charts, and others
- Simulation verification, validation, accreditation, and analysis: benchmark models, simulation-based verification, workflows, simulation experiment design, and optimization
- Simulation packages:widely used frameworks such as Modelica, ns-2/3, OPNET, Qualnet, OMNET++, Mininet, and other open source software for modeling and simulation
All registered papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
SIMUtools proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Sensors Special Issue “Privacy and Security for Resource Constrained IoT Devices and Networks” (IF= 2.677)
- Sensors Special Issue “Emerging Algorithms and Applications in Vision Sensors System based on Artificial Intelligence” (IF= 2.677)
- Sensors Special Issue “Recent Advances in Fog/Edge Computing in Internet of Things” (IF= 2.677)
- EAI Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems
- Special Issue on “Towards Securing Internet of Connected Vehicles (IoV) from Virtual Vehicle Hijacking“, IEEE Internet of Things Journal (IF: 7.596)
- Special Issue on “Recent Advances in Fog/Edge Computing in Internet of Things“, Sensors (IF: 2.677)
Also eligible for publication in:
- Springer Wireless Networks (WINET) (IF=1.584)
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF=3.259)
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing book series
Workshops Proposal Submission
15 June 2018
Full Paper Submission deadline
31 July 2018
Short Paper, Poster and Demo
15 August 2018
Notification and and Registration opens:
20 September 2018
22 October 2018
Start of Conference
17 December 2018
End of Conference
18 December 2018