SIMUTools 2020 is the 12th edition of the annual International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques. The conference focuses on a broad range of research challenges in the field of simulation, modelling and analysis, addressing current and future trends in simulation techniques, models, practices and software. The conference is dedicated to fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research in these areas and across a wide spectrum of application domains.
Building on the success of the previous editions (2008-2019), this year’s edition will provide an exciting forum for interaction among academic and industry researchers together with practitioners from both the simulation community and the different user communities. The conference will be held in Guiyang, People’s Republic of China.
The conference invites submissions on the topics below in all application areas of simulation. Submissions in interdisciplinary areas are especially encouraged (e.g. Smart Cities, Health, Environment, Societal Challenges, Digital Humanities, Security, IT Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Business). The conference also invites posters and technical demonstrations that report on recent results, ongoing research or industrial case studies in the area of simulation.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
SIMUTools’ general topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Simulation methods: discrete event, parallel and distributed simulation, time synchronization, load balancing and migration, model partitioning, hybrid simulation, simulation-interoperation, multi-resolution and multi-scale simulation
- Simulation techniques: service-oriented, agent-based, web-based, component-based, symbiotic simulation
- Simulation software: environments, tools, libraries, and frameworks
- Simulation performance: GPU-based simulation, simulation in the cloud, scalability, performance analysis
- Modelling formalisms: DEVS, Petri Nets, process algebras, state charts, and others
- Simulation verification, validation, accreditation, and analysis: benchmark models, simulation-based verification, workflows, simulation experiment design, and optimization
- Simulation packages:widely used frameworks such as Modelica, ns-2/3, OPNET, Qualnet, OMNET++, Mininet, and other open-source software for modelling and simulation
All registered papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
SIMUtools proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- IEEE Access Special issue on Convergence of Sensor Networks, Cloud Computing, and Big Data in Industrial Internet of Things (IF: 4.098)
- Sensors Special Issue “Smart Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks (IF: 3.031)
- EAI Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems
Also eligible for publication in:
- ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.390)
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing book series
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.