Welcome to SIMUTools 2008
The slides of the plenary talks and the introductory slides for the round table are now available here.
First International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques for Communications, Networks and Systems
Best Paper Award: Implementing MAC Protocols for Cooperative Relaying: A Compiler-Assisted Approach by Hermann Lichte and Stefan Valentin (University of Paderborn)
Conference Proceedings now available on-line: accepted papers are published here, in ACM Digital Library
SIMUTools 2008 is the first international conference focusing on Simulation Tools and Techniques for Communications, Networks, and Systems. The conference will address all aspects of simulation modelling and analysis. Papers are sought on the topics of methodology, tools, applications, and practices. Particular emphasis will be given to papers that bridge multiple areas.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to
- Methodology/Simulation Art: Web based simulation, Agent based simulation, Petri Nets simulation, Fluid flow simulation, Bond Graphs simulation, Simulation-based Scheduling, ...
- Application areas: Telecommunication, Network Security, Health Care, Transportation, Manufacturing, Public Systems, Education and Training, ...
- Tools: OPNET, NS-2, interconnected simulation platforms, ATDI ICS, Qualnet, OMNET++, NIIST, Dymola, Matlab/Simulink, open source tools, ...
The event is in cooperation with ACM Special Interest Group on Simulation (SIGSIM) and Society for Modeling and Simulation International (SCS). All accepted papers will be made available in ACM Digital Library, as well as indexed by EI and ISI Index. Best papers will be considered for publication in Special Issues of the following journals:
- ACM Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET)
- Simulation: Transactions of The Society for Modeling and Simulation, International
Thomas R. Henderson
Associate Technical Fellow, Boeing Company, and Affiliate Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Washington
Richard M. Fujimoto
Professor and Chair of the Computational Science and Engineering Division of the College of Computing at the Georgia Institute of Technology
Bernard P. Zeigler
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Arizona, Tucson and Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Modeling and Simulation
- QoSim 2008, 1st International Workshop on the Evaluation of Quality of Service through Simulation in the Future Internet - Giovanni Stea, Halina Tarasiuk
- PNTAP 2008, International Workshop on Petri Nets Tools and APplications - Ekkart Kindler, Fabrice Kordon
- OMNeT++ 2008, International Developer's Workshop on OMNeT++ - Andras Varga, Falko Dressler, Andreas Willig
- NCM&S 2008, Net-Centric Modeling & Simulation - Olivier Dalle, Gabriel Wainer
- SimulationWorks - Bozidar Radunovic, Herb Schwetman
- Keynote Speaker: Richard Black, Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK
- Ns-3 Tutorial - Thomas R. Henderson